Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Where's the eraser?

I remember as a kid watching my dad fill out his tax forms. The yelling and pulling out of hair, all accompanied by the mantra of "They don't make you do this back home!". What could be less than lovely about taxes if that is the response it generates from someone?
As I have gotten older I have attempted to do my own taxes and have finally given in to hiring someone to figure it out instead. I only have to seperate the dumb receipts and fill out one page before we can go in.
So....
I have spent far too long today going over and seperating receipts into many little piles. Travel.... insurance.... interest paid...... charitable deductions... blah, blah, blah..... Once I have seperated the multi piles I have to add them up and then remember in what column the number was supposed to be in to begin with.
Carry the one... divided by 7.... move to line 94 on page 4 of form what?!?

Good grief. Where did I put the number for H&R Block maybe I can pay for them to do one extra page..... there is no point having two bald people living in my house. ;)

No comments: