My hubby came home from work the other day and wanted to know about the secret handshake that we have in the Temple. He had seen a story on Yahoo about that BigLove show that was going to be showing what happens inside a Temple. Apparently, the had talked specifically about this handshake thing and my hubby found it rather funny. He wanted to know what it was and why we thought it would get us into heaven.
"So you do a high-five and a belly-bump when you take off your magic underware?"
One night at dinner, several years ago, our oldest son, B., asked me what I had under my clothing that would get me into Heaven. I was puzzled. Looked down my shirt and said "My belly button?" Wrong. B had learned at his church that we as Mormons belive that our underware is magical and that when we die if we put it up against the gates of Heaven we will be able to get in. I promised B. that nobody wanted to see a bunch of fat naked Mormons and that he had been taught incorrectly. (For some reason this led to many other discussions on what his teacher was telling him wrongly about Mormons at his church.)
On my brother-in-laws blog there is a blip about why Mormons build temples. I tried to get my hubby to watch but he wasn't really interested.
So instead I told my hubby if he wanted to go with me to the Temple some day he could do the "secret" high-five bell-bump and get his own magic underware. He only laughed at me. Do you think that was an okay?
1 comment:
it wasn't a no
Post a Comment