Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Saddness.

My little sister and her sweet hubby are having a terrible week. They have suffered a huge painful loss in their family. My heart goes out to them.

My little sister sent me a text on Saturday that caused immediate tears and many prayers. Her "little sister" was in the hospital. The text she sent me later had much the same effect as the first one, accompanied by clinging to my children while they looked at me funny. Lucy's mommy, who had fought for so long, did not make it.

Sometimes things don't make a lot of sense. I find myself wondering how my sister, John, little Lucy, her Daddy, or their famlies will move forward from here. I was not close to Lariann but I do know how important she was to people I love and care about. I can imagine the hurt they are experiencing. I feel it to a small degree.

It sounds dumb, I am sure, but I am so glad to know that this is not the end of Lariann. I feel bad for those she has left behind but I can feel peace that her family, that love they share, can continue. Always.

It might be far to soon but I hope my little sister can find that peace too, if she hasn't yet. You are in my thoughts and my prayers. I only wish there was more I could do.

1 comment: