There is nothing sweeter than listening to my little ones say their prayers at night. There is never anyway of knowing how long or short, organized or random they may be. No matter how they prattle on, they are sweet to hear.
My Squish
always says the exact same thing. "Thank you for this beautiful day." That's it, of course he inclues the "in the name" portion also. Ocassionally he will ask for someone to be blessed, but this only happens if he is reminded. His favorite part of praying is the amen. Which he says differently every night. Lately he has me say every other letter while he does the rest. Very clever.
always says the exact same thing. "Thank you for this beautiful day." That's it, of course he inclues the "in the name" portion also. Ocassionally he will ask for someone to be blessed, but this only happens if he is reminded. His favorite part of praying is the amen. Which he says differently every night. Lately he has me say every other letter while he does the rest. Very clever.Now Jellybean, on the other hand, will not follow prompts of any sort. He will jump from
subject to subject like a bouncy ball dropped down the stairs. One night he will bless every stuffed horse that is in his room... by name. The next night he might ask a blessing on the cats . I try not to get annoyed when he asks for me to be blessed to not be mad at him anymore (usually I am not mad at him until he makes this request). Of course, my all time favorite part is when he starts naming the family. He always explains the order he is praying in. Youngest to oldest... youngest first... by birthday order, etc. Without fail he confuses himself and asks for help with whichever names he has forgotten. So cute. Last night though he seemed to be fully in control of his "list". "Please bless Mommy and Mikayla and Daddy..." and so on. He then moved on to "Pop-pop and Grandma". Nothing unusual, until... "and bless Uncle Matt."
subject to subject like a bouncy ball dropped down the stairs. One night he will bless every stuffed horse that is in his room... by name. The next night he might ask a blessing on the cats . I try not to get annoyed when he asks for me to be blessed to not be mad at him anymore (usually I am not mad at him until he makes this request). Of course, my all time favorite part is when he starts naming the family. He always explains the order he is praying in. Youngest to oldest... youngest first... by birthday order, etc. Without fail he confuses himself and asks for help with whichever names he has forgotten. So cute. Last night though he seemed to be fully in control of his "list". "Please bless Mommy and Mikayla and Daddy..." and so on. He then moved on to "Pop-pop and Grandma". Nothing unusual, until... "and bless Uncle Matt."Who?
There is no Uncle Matt on either side of the family. I wondered if maybe he had confused my brothers names. He seemed to be clear on Norm, Keith and Uncle John. He doesn't really know Uncle Ray so I don't think its him. I asked Jellybean about this person and he said Uncle Matt is at Grandma's house. "Remember mommy? With the toy hammer?"
What? I have no idea who in the world my son was praying for.... but by darn "Uncle Matt" was prayed for. Whoever he happens to be.
2 comments:
LOL! So maybe I should be looking for a man named Matt. I have alwas liked the name Matt. :) But then again Kenj said he wanted an Uncle Tim who played the drums. Hmmm....
I should also add...Miah has the same iPod as I do!!!
Post a Comment