We have decided that since Princess Petey has successfully survived her first year here on this planet we call home that it was high time to attempt to teach her how to sleep through the night.
"How is this done?" you might ask. My reply would just be one of confused silence.
Over the last umpteen years I have tried on many occassions to get my children to learn the value of sleeping all night. I have even tried, once or twice, to convince them to sleep all night in their OWN beds. (Since I rolled over this morning to discover Squish next to me it is obvious that this has failed.)
Anyway...
Petey gives up for the evening at about 10pm. I place her sweet little body in her crib making sure all of her beloved blankets are within patting distance and sneak out of her room. Then comes the hard part... remembering why I wanted to do this when she wakes up and cries at 2am.
The first night she cried for over an hour. About 20 minutes on the second and only about 10 minutes on the third. I thought we were home free. Till last night... she cried for an hour and a half.
Not just a wimper, mind you, but an out-right being massacred scream for almost 95 minutes. Good grief! I hope tonight is easier. I am not strong enough to last many nights this way.
Oh, well. Why should she figure it out any faster than her brothers?
1 comment:
Sounds like fun.
Post a Comment