Monday, September 14, 2009

As long as you are under my roof.

The smell in the air has changed and most of the time there is that little bit of a chill in the air. Which only means it is time for school to be back in session. By the time it is time for school to begin I am usually so much more than ready to send my sons back to school.

And yet...

There is the terrible sensation of having to let them actually go back to school.

The first day of school for me is the worst. Without fail I end up calling my Hubby and crying about 'whose dumb idea was it' for the kids to go to school. This is not just a fit I do with the little ones either. My house gets far too quiet and I get lonely for all of them.

Now this sadness does wear off rather quickly and soon I begin looking forward to a stable routine. Bus times. Early outs. Not having to fix lunch. I do adjust to them being gone.

If I could only fiqure out a way to not have them get older every year, closer to the time when they will leave for real. That is the part I really dread.

No comments: