Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What does that make me?

Well the day before the day of has finally arrived. I have made all of the arrangements for the kids and the Hubby to be cared for in my brief absence. I know exactly what I am sending with Princess Petey to spend the day with her "borrowed" grandma (her real one won't come up) for the whole day. Everything should go smoothly.

For those who do not know what I am talking about... I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning at 7am. This has been a long time in coming but must taken care of for my body to ever be "normal" again. (What is normal?)

Anyway... because of the pneumonia that I enjoyed while I was pregnant with Princess Petey I now get to go and have a hysterectomy along with some other hopefully minor reconstruction.

I will have to spend one night in the hospital and then about three weeks recouping. That is the optimistic plan at least. The nurse yesterday made it all sound so very much worse. My Mother called me yesterday to tell me what it said in her medical book. She informed me that I will no longer have periods. (YEA!!) She also wanted to know where all the blood will go or will I just fill up and explode.?.?...Huh?

So all night last night I dreamed about being on the surgery table and blowing up as soon as the doctor touched me. Before that I really was only worried about if this surgery will make me an IT. You know like when you take your cat in to get fixed. She's a she at the beginning and an It by the time things are done.

Either way... the whole thing will be over tomorrow afternoon. I guess we will know all the answers then.

No comments: