Today is one of those typical bleak, slightly cold winter days outside and I am being naughty and simply watching a movie while Princess Petey has a nap. the movie is called Lake House with Sandra Bullock in it. She is in the future but falling in love with Keanu Reeves in the past. My brain is having a few issues with the time difference but it has made me wonder. What if we could go back?
This morning I was talking to Brownie about his bio-dad and some of the things that had made our marriage an impossibility. There were many things and differences between the two of us that made our marriage being a lasting a thing a non-chance. And that's okay.
I have often offered to my Hubby that if we could go back in time that I would gladly be B's mother and have him be the father of all of my children. He usually rubs my head and laughs at me in that sweet way that I love. Both of us fully knowing that we would not be us and our children would not be our children if that had occurred. But it is always nice to hear him say he wishes he had married me first.
Good or bad, life makes us who we are. My first born so very much reminds me of his father and I can remember what I found attractive about him all those years ago. The good things have been passed down to my children with my amazingness added in to make them both great boys.
I wouldn't change a thing about whow they are now or the men that they are becoming. Not with any of my children... they are all exactly who God intended them to be. Which is pretty great if you ask me.
No comments:
Post a Comment