Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Clear as Mud.


I meant to explain this a long time ago but got busy doing laundry and having soccer practice so I didn't get it done... so now I will.
Back before we had my hubby reversed so that I could again not get any decent sleep, I had a dream. I dreamed that we were at the Middle School for a back to school night or a conference or something. I remember getting a baby out of the Moose and heading into the school. All of my children were there. I recall telling one of them to hold daddy's hand. I knew the baby was mine... I just wasn't sure where it had come from. You know how dreams don't always make sense. :)
Suddenly we were in the hallway of Burton Elementary and my Brownie came up to me and tried to take the baby out of my arms. "Let me take Petey. I want to show him to my friends." He had a boy with him but I didn't know who he was for sure even though he looked familiar. "C'mon. Let me take Petey."
I remember telling Brownie not to call the baby that. His name was Mason (I don't know how I knew that) and not Petey. I told him to stop calling him that. There was other weird stuff in the dream but that was the part that stuck out in my mind when I woke up.
Anyway... for that brief time that I was sure I was having another boy I was naming him Mason Peter... from my dream. Since he did not come I have taken to calling my little one "Princess Petey."
Make sense now?

2 comments:

Jessica Pears said...

Makes perfect (yet odd) sense now. Dreams are strange. Mikayla sure is getting big (not to mention, cuter every minute) :)

princess.evans said...

I usually have a baby girl in my dreams and her name is Polly (john HATES that name)