Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009.

When I actually get a minute to slow down and reflect on my world I have to admit that I am amazed at how quickly things change. Last year seemed to go by far to fast. I think I must have been on auto-pilot for some of it. Time has sure flown by over the last many years really.
Our family dynamic is so different now from our original five. When we first came together we were two families trying to find peace and happiness. Most days we have found the happiness I am not sure where to look for the peace part though.
Our boys have all changed from the little ones that they were. I remember when they enjoyed being around each other and hanging out doing nothing. Not so anymore...

B is so sure that he is a man... and not just any man... THE MAN. It will be interesting to see how he ends up... when he stops trying so very hard.

Brownie is so mad lost in love with dear Hannah that I wonder sometimes where his brain is. :) I love his man voice and his great sense of humor. I wish he didn't find me so dopey though.

My Blonde son. Holy cow! He is almost 6 feet tall and still such a little boy at heart. I wish his heart had slightly thicker skin.

Daily I wonder where the time has gone. Squish and Jellybean are new people every day. Taller, more talkative. More Questions, Questions and Questions. How do you dos.... flow continually from their little mouths. I would love to tell them to be quiet for a minute but I don't want them to stop asking. They are smart and funny and sometimes very thoughtful, which is always a nice surprize.

Then, of course, little Petey. She is a huge flirt and has a great smile to go along with her air-raid squeal. I am so excited to get to see her blossom into a full blown girl someday.

Hopefully this year will have more ups than downs and not go by so very fast. Maybe I need to resolve to pay more attention and take fewer cat naps. I look forward to lots more questions that I know the answers to..maybe. I hope for much more happiness and I would not mind a small amount of the peace thing either.

1 comment:

princess.evans said...

Happy New Year!
I love you!