Thursday, December 10, 2009

I do Believe.


Christmas is coming and Blonde's list is long. He adds to it every day so I have hidden it. Brownie doesn't want much but has expensive ideas. Squish and Jellybean just want it ALL.

I remember growing up that every year Christmas was being cancelled by my Daddy. I am sure Mother never agreed to the idea because Santa always came. I can remember sneaking out to see if Santa had visited in the wee pre-dawn hours and I don't remember ever being disappointed. I do remember hearing Daddy yell from across the house... "Go back to bed!"... Good memories.

The year before I got divorced I lived in Sunset and Santa delivered Christmas with a great feast included to our front door. His elves had been "gifting" us for the previous 11 days with cookies and stories and had never once been seen. And we watched for them. That year had been a hard one for me and my sons and somehow Santa knew and he came through for us. I was amazed and so greatful to whomever had taken care of us.

Again, the very next year Santa left two great big black bags on our doorstep. Full of treats and presents for my children. By this time we were living single in Kaysville in Noah's ark and struggling to survive in our little family. Again I was amazed and we were truly blessed by the generosity of an unknow Santa who cared about us having a Christmas too.

We have never needed that Santa again but the memory of it lives in my heart and brings a tear to my eye. Whoever you are... thank you for sharing with us.

I love Christmas morning with my boys. The only problem is it all goes so fast and then it is over. There is wrapping paper up to your belly button all over the house, candy smushed in the carpet and the Daddy snoring on the couch. Fortunately the memories can last much longer than the smell of the turkey cooking for dinner.

Anyway... I hope Santa has worked out a game plan for my Kids... because personally I am not ready yet for Christmas to arrive. Anybody seen the tape?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Your story brought tears to my eyes! Thank God for wonderful people who care about others!