Friday, March 28, 2008

Happy B-day to Me........



Yesterday I was blessed to celebrate my birthday. I am now 25-K. Or as my children say... OLD.

It was mostly a normal day at our house. I baked a chocolate cake while the boys were all at school. I don't really care for chocolate any more but I know that is a mutant gene that I have developed over the years. So I continue to fight for a cure.

Later... I took my Blonde son shopping for shoes. He is getting to go home for Spring Break because he needs some Pop-pop time.... and since my parents are not coming up in May like planned before we have decided to put him on a plane (alone... I am trying not to think about it. ) Anyway. My hubby had mentioned a few weeks ago the our son looked like he needed some new shoes. I figured if the ones he had could make it through basketball we would think about getting some new ones later. So yesterday morning I happened to notice that my Blonde son literally had worn his shoes out completely... you could see his toes. So we went to find shoes and had the lady measure his feet with that metal thing and discovered that my son needed a size 10 shoe. The ones were his toes stuck out were only size 8. Umm. I told my child that in the future to just tell me his shoes are getting too small instead of waiting until they are totally numb from lack of room. Needless to say we also bought new church shoes... the ones he has been wearing are like 7 1/2. Ouch!

Then... my day really got exciting.... I had a three hour primary meeting. I must admit thought that it was nice to eat the brownies they made for me and the pink roses were really pretty.

Following that... my hubby took us all out to Red Robbin where I ate way too much. We came home and had cake... I was given a dozen red roses from my hubby, The Bee Movie and a new coulender from my sons. We ate the cake (which is really good for breakfast too) and everybody went to bed.

All in all... not a bad day. Want some cake?

No comments: